.

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Next day....

So after a crazy day at work - which mind you will only get crazier due to xmas fast approaching.
I went to the supermarket to shop for my dinner. There were people everywhere, I had chosen the busiest time! I wondered around, I ordered 300 gms of ham from the deli girl.  She grabbed a huge handful of ham put it on the scales, and went back for more, I said to her as she went for a second helping that if it's under 300 gms it'll be ok.
She ignores me, weighs it and passes me the package - it weighed 340gms.  That's almost half a kilo too much.  I looked at it, then at her.  And walked away - screaming in my head - how hard is it! Then thought - she's probably having just as bad day as I've had and will be having in the coming weeks.


And with that I decided to get a bottle of whine - so I can whine into my wine!


After paying for my goods i walked over to the bottle section. I am eating salad with ham for dinner, so i wanted something fresh and maybe fruity.  I've heard people say that some wines have a fruity flavour, so i thought i'd look at the white wine.


As i squinted at the bottles - i left my glasses at home as I decided it would be great to walk to the supermarket with my sunnies on as it was a glorious afternoon - I found a bottle of brown brothers that had orange and something in it, another bottle of wine called "sticky" and a third one with Blood orange and some other thing in it.  I read the backs of them thinking "oh these will be delightful".  Dessert wines. I picked all three up and put them down trying to decide. 
Turned around and saw on the counter some limes for only $1.20. and at that moment I knew what i was craving and no wine with blood orange infused would do.
So I bought the lime and have come home to a lovely dinner coupled with a shot of cointreau on ice with real lime.  Beautiful to sip on a night like this.


Actually before I forget - I woke this morning with no sign of a hang over - one point to Yalumba Y Series!

No comments: