.

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Family & some wine

Earlier this year my Grandmother turned 80 we (the grandkidds) gave her "time".  We all go visit her one day a month.  It's fun and a great time to catch up by all.
Today my Grandmother had some wine - she must of heard about my blog, it was white wine at that.

I'm not a fan of any wine really and white wine is the most difficult for me.
My earliest memory of white wine, is going to a family friends party with my parents.  The people that owned the house had a pet Cockatoo.  As we walked out onto the back patio, to the left the Cockatoo was in a very large cage, and hanging near the Cockatoo from the roof of the patio was a bag of "goon" - white wine - with a sign that said "Cockatoo Piss".
Cockatoo Piss!!
Ah great Childhood memories.

Anyway, at  my grandmothers, there were two bottles of white wine, and I said of course I'll try some.  My younger sister the wine enthusiast, to my surprise, declined!   And so did my older sister, so it was just left to my Grandmother and myself - and we both know next to nothing about wine.  We chose to open the smaller bottle of wine - it was a Semillon by Clovely.  I didn't really enjoy it.

Miss Grimm - my younger sister tried a sip, and didn't really want to give a verdict.

So I've decided after this tasting I will not try a Semillon again!

So home we drove.  Once I got home it was almost time for dinner.  My partner and I decided to make a cream based pasta.  I drove to the grocery store, whilst there I thought that this was a good oportunity to try another wine. 
I chose this one because of the packaging.  It's such a cute label, there was also a story on the back, about the end of season and how everyone would share sandwichs at lunch after picking the grapes.
Brand - Makers table.  Sauvignon Blanc.
We put it in the sauce of the pasta and drank it whilst eating - though between the two of us - we didn't finish the bottle, and decided that we can finish it off when we make our next white sauce meal.



No comments: