.

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Update - 2 tried and tested

It's half way through December, just under 13 days til Santa arrives with presents galore!
Working in retail - really makes this time of year quiet terriable.  I barely have time to drink let alone update! - I am considering getting an iPhone so I can blog on the run!

So this is what I've been upto over the last few weeks.
I've actually had the chance to try 2 wines. 
After wondering around the Bottle-O for what felt like 10 years I decided i should ask the woman that worked there what was good.   According to Mary if you don't drink wine you should be drinking Merlot!
Firstly she directed me to the wines that were 2 for $6 and another one that was $7.50.  I informed her of my phobia of drinking wines under $10.  She chuckled and said "oh, there are some people like that."
So she introduced me to to "Yellow Tail", a wine that is almost in every restaurant in Australia and overseas,  she just had an American couple come in and buy 10 bottles of it.
Well! It must be good, how could Americans be wrong, and according to Mary it's everywhere overseas!
When I pulled this bottle out of the brown paper bag, showing it to my Love.  He said "Oh Merlot - I think that's the wine that they put all the stalks and everything in!"
He knows just as much about wine as I do.  So we both cringed!  
We sat down to dinner - it was a wicked bolognese.  The sauce was great, the wine not so!
I will NOT be trying the Yellow Tail Merlot again!
I am now wondering - where has Mary been, and this wine is an embarrassment if it is everywhere!

A number of nights later we had a friend over for dinner.  
 My love was going to leave very early the next morning with dinner guest for a trip overseas.  To surprise me  my love gave me another bottle of red wine and roses!!

Jacobs Creek - Shiraz!

I had a Shiraz in the first entry and i quiet enjoyed it.  So I expected to enjoy this one just as much. 


  We thought it would be fun to eat the left over pasta sauce and drink the Jacobs Creek!

I had 2 glasses, and had to go to bed - as I started to develop a headache.

Not a good sign.


So I will not be drinking Jacobs Creek - Shiraz in the near future!


I have had a couple of other opportunities to try some wines - but have passed.
Yesterday I happily ate a delicious mushroom pizza at Bimbos.
 The guy with the a beard that works behind the bar, makes an amazing Lemon Lime and Bitters! 

We finished the meal with one of the world famous "chocolate pizzas!" to die for!




If wine tasted as good as any of these 3 things I would be addicted!


The seach goes on.

I am thinking of researching Tannins and the some of the preservatives that are in wines.  The next wine I try will hopefully be a winner!



No comments: