.

Saturday, December 25, 2010

xmas day!

Merry Xmas!
For this Christmas I got to work Xmas eve and Boxing Day - so this really leaves me just over 24hours to celebrate Xmas with my loved ones.
So,  I had to drive just over 400 kilometers - this meant that I would not be drinking.  But as you all already know, all it takes is a sip or a small glass to get a taste of something.
Breakfast at my Dads.
When I arrived I was given a glass of Champagne with orange juice.
Champagne is no longer called Champagne unless is it actually from Champagne.  So I was actually given a tall glass of Chardonnay with orange juice.  Seppelt  Fleur De Lys 2007.
I don't know how much it cost.  Though I did enjoy my drink.
My sister is very excited that i have this blog, and has taken it upon herself to encourage me to find the right wine! So she gave me some Riedels!  The only Riedells I am aware of, are those from my RollerDerby days.





The Riedels that my sister gave me were actually Riedel Crystal glasses.
She told me that these glasses are the best in the world!  These glasses will actually make my wine taste better!!!

We will see if her prediction is right.
She also gave me a list of James Halliday's top 100 wines for 2010 in her opinion  the wine I have chosen to drink so far - are quiet crap!  She giggles at the fact that I choose wine by the name and by the look of the sticker on the bottle.

I work in a bookstore, so I know who James Hallliday is, and am touched by it!
I am sure, if I choose wine from the list, and drink it from this new crystal ware the wine will taste better!
So, I have promised myself that I will choose a few from the list!
After breakfast I drove for almost 2 hours, arriving in time for dessert!
I happily ate some chicken, ham and some of the best coleslaw I have ever eaten in my life - amazing.  I think there were apples in it.  Nothing beats homemade!
Upon hearing about this blog I was shown a bottle of this: 1939 - Orlando Tawny Port Wine.
Does anyone know if this can actually be drunk?  It is a beautiful bottle, and has never been open.


I did have some of this: Rosemount Grenache Shiraz 2006


It was quiet nice.
We drank from gold plated crystal - I am sure this makes that wine taste better than drinking from glass.......
Christmas was a fast and fabulous day.
I actually had a chance to nap - for 10 minutes - in the afternoon.  Xmas is not xmas without a nap - so they say anyway.

One of my favourite things about today, apart from the time I spent with my Dad, sisters, their families, my grandmother, aunt, uncle, cousin and my loved ones loved ones, was the strawberries!  I normally steer clear of large strawberries as they normally have a flavorless hard white inside, but this year they have been so sweet and full of flavour!  Fabulous!

No comments: