.

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Riedel, Oriental Lillies and Gieson wine?

Tonight I wanted to put the Riedel to the test.
I read my list of wines that James Halliday had recommended for 2010 and went to the bottle shop.
As I walked through the door I noticed it was almost closing time.  So I thought I'd just select a bottle from the list and skip out of there.
I opened my new bag - that I bought at the boxing day sales! (Even when you work in retail you cannot walk away from a bargain).  Anyway, I looked in my bag and realized that I forgot my list AND I forgot my glasses!
This is a tragedy!
I had to be quick, as I didn't want to keep these people at work any longer than they need to be, but I also wanted to get a good wine! 
Oh what to do!
We were having chicken for dinner, so we had already decided on a white wine.  I really don't like white wine.  
Beautiful glassware!

The easiest thing to do was get something I kind of already know.
So I bought a wine that I had bought my sister for xmas a few years ago - she loves it.  She swears by New Zealand wine.  So I figured I can't go wrong!

I've had this wine before with my sister, and I do remember saying that I didn't like it.  Though to be honest I wasn't very open to it. I can be quiet stubborn at times. I like Cointrue with lime, or Vodka with lemon, lime and bitters.  Wine no matter how good it is cannot compare.  So I was alittle worried.
As we sat down to our roast chicken dinner with citrus salad, I took a little sip of the wine.

Then I took a mouth full.  It was actually nice.
I finished my glass and poured another!
SHOCK, horror. 
My  boyfriend finished his glass too.  AMAZING!  This wine is the first wine that he actually finished a glass and the first wine i know I will drink again.
We did not finish the bottle, as I have work early tomorrow. 
But rest assured I will be finishing the bottle tomorrow night after work!

With wine like this I can understand why my Aunt thought that it would be easy for me to test 365 wines in one year!
I think my sister is right I might need to rethink the way I choose my wines!

 Or was it the Riedel glassware?

No comments: