.

Friday, May 16, 2014

FLASHBACK :: Japan 2011 : 20th Mooneyes Yokohama

Recently I noticed that the last time I went to Japan I posted some photos from my iphone, then promised that I'd post some more.

Old Japan Post

I broke that promise, and I am here now to redeem myself.

On this trip we not only went to Mooneyes, Buzz and I also went to Kyoto, Osaka, Kobe and Tokyo.

Whilst in Yokohama we caught up and met so many awesome people.  I loved this trip!


Here are the photos:


my favorite cafe in Kyoto.




we traveled around Kyoto by bike.  Kyoto in Autumn, so beautiful
 
Buzz reading Greasy Kulture magazine, at Nice in Kobe

Nice Motorcycle, Kobe



Ha ha, matching.  Keith Weesner.  I still wear this hoody. 
You can't see the sleeves in this shot, they were the main reason I bought it. The sleeves are so rad!








These girls were so cool

Was this the Dice Party?  Or a Mooneyes Party?  I cannot remember....
I do know it wasn't the Greasy Kulture Party that was in Tokyo.



Conrad singing with the band




This is just a small selection of photos of bikes that arrived.  You could just stand outside and watch the bikes arrive all day, and not go into the show.
I loved the fact that there were so many girls on these massive Harleys.  They looked so cool.













ha ha totally crazy.  There were so many bikes.




The carpark was really the place to be. I went to the carpark quiet late, many people had already left. This is just a very small selection of bikes that were parked. 
The car park is massive and was FULL of extraordinary bikes. 
Some people just go to the Yokohama show for the carpark.  I've heard that there has been some major complaints about the level noise from the hundreds of bikes coming and going from the show. So much so that this year Mooneyes will be closing the carpark. 
I am pretty sure that this move will make an impact on the show, how much is yet to be seen.

I really like the tank on this bike - nice paint job.




If  you're wondering, I am still going to Russia in a few weeks (about 6) - though my visa still isn't totally confirmed.
I'm getting excited and am looking forward to taking photos of stuff!  
When I mentioned in one of my last posts that I didn't have a plan, that was not totally true. I did have a plan, I've just found out that I'm not allowed to do any of it. One thing I planned to do was go to Sweden and check out a few things there, but it turns out my visa will not allow me to travel there if I am flying in and out of Russia.  Which is a bit of a bummer.  Nothing like a little problem solving, though.

Maybe I might stumble across secret awesome bike and hot rod scene in Russia.  You never know there might be one.

The other news I have involves Japan.  More on that another time......

No comments: