.

Thursday, May 15, 2014

Box of Videos

What is it about an abandoned box of videos that gets me all crazy!




On Monday afternoon someone put a box of old videos next to the LifeLine Bin, in the car park of my work place.
When I first saw it on the way to my car,  I couldn't take my eyes off of it. 
You know when you're walking, trying to check something out, without anyone knowing, without falling all over yourself in the process!

I was Desperate to see what movies were inside.
Sitting on top I did spy a copy of American Werewolf in London.
I kept walking to my car.

It was still there on Tuesday morning, it had dew all over it. 
It was still there when I left work yesterday, someone had rummaged through, shifted the contents.
I could see a copy of Faceoff.
I couldn't take my eyes off it. I needed to know what was in there!

It was still there this morning, and this afternoon.
 As I walked passed it today, I reminded myself that I don't have a video player, and I don't need those videos.  I tried to convince myself that I don't even need to know what was in that box.
It's pointless knowing, I told myself, besides there were people around.  They would see me bent over looking in that box, rummaging. They would think I was a freak.  Someone might take a photo, then put it on instagram hashtagged trashbaby, or something.

I imagined taking all the videos out and placing them on the road and taking a photo.  Then putting the photo on instagram, asking if anyone wanted the movies.  I wanted to find them a good home. That's not weird.

I kept walking.
How crazy, and I am still thinking about them!

Seriously, what do I think is in there, some ultra rare John Waters Movie.
I already have Pink Flamingos on DVD and VIDEO!! 



Speaking of John Waters. A week or so ago,  after writing the post about my hair , I was the mood for watching Cry Baby.  So I did.  Then I watched it the next night, with the Directors commentary on.  It was the first time ever, that I've watched a movie with the commentary running.

I don't believe there many voices out there I would want to hear jabbering over a movie I want to watch.

John Waters voice is so smooth, and he is so trashy and so funny.  He can get away with spoiling my movie time with a bit of yak-ity-yak. 

Well that  is it for the time being.





No comments: