.

Sunday, August 5, 2012

On the Road - MIFF

I've been waiting for this film for quiet sometime, so I made it a priority to see it at MIFF. Unfortunately due to the train schedule I had to leave early.
I read On The Road when I was in my early early 20's, i remember being quiet confused at times though I didn't stop, the flow and movement in Kerouac's writing kept me reading. It felt like in reading this I would learn something about the world, if only I could decipher the code.
From what I saw of tonight's film, the story made more sense but the rhythm wasn't there. The language wasn't there. No mystery.
It might be just me, but in the novel there was a rhythm not unlike a train rushing along the tracks to some uncertain doom.
Don't get me wrong there was music, and it put tingles down my spine! All that Jazz.

Anyway I left early, vowing to see the end one day. As I rushed to the station at the other end of town, not 5 minutes after leaving the cinema I heard some down town dirty Jazz or something like it. The music was echoing down a closed mall and the following image is what I saw. In hot red light.
Brilliant

No comments: